If you have successfully installed HP printer drivers on your computer and your printer is asking for “WPS Pin” for wireless connection, then you have to follow these simple steps in order to fix this problem. Finding the wps pin on hp printer is quite difficult for almost every customer. In technical language WPS stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and this method used to make connections between a router and wireless printers and other devices.
Types of WPS connections in HP Printers:-
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
Connect HP printer using WPS Button
- Go to HP printers control panel or Screen and then press the Wireless button or Setting Button.(Blue Light starts blinking)
- Select the option “WiFi Protected Setup” and follow the instructions on the printer screen.
- Next, you have to select “WPS Button” option. By doing so, printer will ask you to press the WPS button the wireless router.
- Once you Press the WPS button on the router, go to your printer and hit continue for wireless connection.
- Now Connection established and your printer is good to go.
Connect HP printer using WPS Pin
- Go to your HP printer’s control panel and then press the Wireless button> Settings button.
- Touch the WiFi Protected Setup and then follow onscreen prompts.
- Now you are prompted to PIN, just tap on it. By doing so, WPS PIN will display on the screen.
- Next, you have to access configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point. And then you have to enter WPS PIN.
- Once the setup is complete, you can install network printer driver by opening printer’s HP folder in All Programs> Printer Setup & Software. After this, choose the option “Connect a new printer”.