Need HP Printer drivers for your windows machine? Here’s what you can do.
The first and major reason for an HP printer to quit working is when your printers driver gets damaged. For proper functioning of the printer, Drivers plays a very important role. There are Multiple options to install HP printer drivers on your HP machines.
The options to install the drivers for your HP printers are given below. All methods are extensively analyzed and tried before offering you and hence are completely safe. But if you find something unusual with the drivers of your device, call HP Technical Support for the help.
All of the below mentioned methods can be used to install a new printer or update the existing one.
Method 1: Install your HP Printer driver manually:
If you PC and HP Printer is connected via USB cable, windows will identify your printer and install the required drivers automatically. With Network Connections:
- Open start menu and click control panel.
- Click on Hardware and sound, then Devices and Printers.
- Select the Advanced printer setup.
- Choose the HP printer name and click Next.
- If you don’t see your printer name, follow the steps:
- Choose “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
- Click the option Add a printer using TCP/IP address or Hostname, and then hit “Next”.
- Enter the IP address under the section – Hostname or IP address,
- Check for the Query the Printer and automatically select the driver to use option and then hit Next.
- Now, from the drop-down menu click on HP and then find the HP Printer Model name from the list.
- Tap next to Continue.
- Once installed click on Finish to continue
Method 2: Use the Device Manager to update the printers on your windows computer:
- Open start menu and click on run option.
- Now type devmgmt.msc and click ok button to open device manager.
- Now, Device manager window will open.
- Click on the Printer and then choose Printers queues.
- Right-click on the Update Driver Software option.
- Now click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- The Windows manager will automatically update your HP printer’s drivers.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Important Tip: If you already have latest HP printer drivers installed on your device, it will inform you with the same.
Method 3: Downloading HP printer drivers from the official website:
- Open the official website of HP printers.
- Now search for the HP printer model you are looking for by using the search bar on the home screen.
- Or, you can go to the product type and select your hp printer model.
- Click on Download option.
- Now you will get prompt to select the operating system of your windows computer.
- Then click on search.
- Now, select the HP Printer Drivers and then Drivers
- Once the file is downloaded, open the downloads folder and run drivers file.
All the methods mentioned above vary in nature and you should select the appropriate option according to the type and hardware of your machine.
Still not able to install your HP Printer?
If you have followed all the above methods explained above to install your HP Printer and still printer is not working. In that case, there can be some other issues which are preventing you to install or update drivers. In such cases, HP technical support is the most effective remedy to soothe your technical pains. Dial the toll-free number +1800-667-9229 in order to reach the HP Printer professionals and get the best solution in the quickest manner.