Welcome to HP Answer Desk
This post will help you to fix ” your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x80004005 “. Customers who are using windows 10 in their computers and trying to print from any printer like HP, Brother, Canon, Dell, etc they all are getting the same printer error while printing. Many of you have tried to update your Windows 10 to solve this issue but failed.
Note:- This 0x80004005 printer error is not specific for any printer brand.
Firstly, it’s not a problem with the windows update. Its the problem with the files and software of the printer installed on the computer. This printer error 0x80004005 occurs when printer drivers or files of the printer get corrupted due to infection.
Reason for getting printer error 0x80004005 in Windows 10.
Many of you are frustrated why I am getting this printer configuration problem 0x80004005 in my computer. But there are many possible reasons for this printer configuration error 0x80004005.
- Downloaded third-party unauthorized programs.
- Installed old drivers for the printer.
- Network infection.
- Corrupted Microsoft Printing services.
- Deleted printer files.
- Extensions in Microsoft edge.
- Stopped Print Spool Services.
Where you will get this “unexpected configuration problem 0x80004005” error message?
There are some specific areas where you will get this error msg while printing.
- If you are printing from email.
- Printing any PDF files.
- Try to print from Microsoft Edge.
- Printing from outlook.
How to fix printer unexpected configuration problem 0x80004005?
With the help of this guide, you should be able to resolve the issue.
- Update the HP printer driver on the computer.
- Make sure Microsoft windows have the latest update installed.
- Run HP Printer troubleshooter from the settings of the computer.
- Run the HP scan and doctor to fix printing problems.
- In case your printer was working fine earlier but not now, you can reinstall the HP printer.
- Restart the print spool services from the control panel.
- Delete the spool files from the printer folder. (